HIVE Portsmouth is an equal partnership between the voluntary and community sector, Portsmouth City Council and NHS Portsmouth CCG, which builds stronger and more connected communities.
Through our work we believe that people in Portsmouth will have informed choice and know where to go in their communities for support. There will be alternatives to statutory services providing early intervention and reducing demand. We will enable a sustainable and vibrant voluntary sector.
We incorporated as a company limited by guarantee in June 2019, and have submitted an application for charitable status which we hope to be awarded soon. To reflect our growth and change of status we are looking for additional trustees to join our Board.
We are looking for people who are passionate about the city of Portsmouth. You will be keen to make a difference for people living, working or visiting the city. You will believe in the strength of a community to enrich lives, and be committed to partnership working, and be able to represent the vision of HIVE Portsmouth on both a professional and personal level.
We are looking for people who can offer considerable experience in one or more of the following areas to advance the work and objectives of HIVE Portsmouth.
- Demonstrable expertise in communications, marketing and social media – helping HIVE Portsmouth to promote its brand, achieve a high and pro-active social media presence in line with its strategy, and raise awareness of HIVE Portsmouth.
- Business expertise – ensuring that HIVE Portsmouth networks effectively with business within the city in addition to voluntary and community sector and statutory services. Explore opportunities for businesses to achieve their social responsibility aims, and contribute to the local communities in which they are based. Develop networks which may help with corporate sponsorship of HIVE Portsmouth, or enable investment in a worthwhile community cause.
- Organisational Development – ensuring that HIVE Portsmouth has the mechanisms in place to be a positive place to work and to do business with. Overseeing processes for strategic development, staff and volunteer structures and succession planning, high quality training for all, and good corporate governance.
- Income generation – experience of fundraising, social enterprise and other generation of sustainable income to enable HIVE Portsmouth to continue to grow and deliver within the city of Portsmouth, combined with experience in performance monitoring and ensuring that achievements are evidenced.
- Community Advocates – passion and profile within a community area, either able to champion a neighbourhood area, or a particular service area across the city such as older people, children’s services and hard to reach groups or other organisations such as police, criminal justice system or probation. Evidence of established networks which will enable HIVE Portsmouth to develop its partnership working with increasingly diverse and varied groups.
If you are interested in finding out more please email an expression of interest by Friday 13 December to firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an initial conversation, following which we will ask you to complete an application form if you are interested and able in committing to the role. We look forward to hearing from you.
If you would like to find out more about the work of HIVE Portsmouth, please do not hesitate to contact Louise, visit our website www.hiveportsmouth.com and please follow us on Facebook @HIVEPortsmouth, Instagram @hive_portsmouth and @hivestories and twitter @HivePortsmouth